The increasingly prominent role of tourism has played a significant role in driving Oman’s long-term economic development and the country is set to attract tourism with investment in the hospitality projected at around $50 billion in the coming two decades.

There will be 12 per cent of the government’s share in the investment and the remaining 88 percent will come from the private sector as per the Chief Executive Officer of Omran, the tourism investment and development arm of the government.

Peter Walichnowski stated that the projected investment a part of the Tourism 2040 Strategy, is targeted at achieving three main objectives: boosting tourist arrivals into the country, building up the nation’s tourism sector, and generating employment for Omanis in the industry.

The target is to get 11.5 million people here by 2040 in terms of visitation and this will include 5 million international visitors.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here